I don’t like the term ‘bucket list’. Therefore I have not titled this post so, and it will most likely refer to the things I would like to do in my life. Knowing me, it could end up being a post about how much I love nature. Usually my posts gravitate towards that topic.
My dreams are fluid. At the moment I feel so strongly that I would love to do these things but really, in a few years, they might be different. I’m very open to change 🙂 They are also very much not in order, because, let’s be honest, my brain will simply not come up with them all in order and prioritize them perfectly.
1. To be content with whatever happens (even if it’s not happy, not good, just let it happen). Not think that just because I have little money that I cannot be happy.
2. Travel. I want to wander the world, not as a ‘holiday’ as such but to immerse myself in other cultures, experience the natural world fully, spend time with indigenous cultures and get to really know the places I go. Learn lots of languages.
3. Live on my own in the wild for four seasons. This is something I’ve always dreamed of, I don’t know if it’ll ever happen, but even if not for a whole year for some weeks at a time.
4. Learn natural/native skills. I dream of learning to track, to gather wild food, to know how to live completely off the land. It relates to 3 a lot! I also would love to learn about permaculture, building structures, pretty much anything in that area.
5. Write a novel. Even if it’s not published, the experience is something I’d love.
6. Get completely familiar with a camera and make a film (most likely with the DSLR I’m planning to spend my savings on this christmas/solstice), Experiment with different types and styles of photography.
7. Record an album. (Write a wealth of songs first, obviously)
8. Get really good at guitar, piano,cello, and/or voice. I would love to be proficient in at least one instrument!
9. Live in a self sustainable community for a while.
10. Experiment in different types of art.
11. Become an environmental/human rights activist.
12. Live in a tree.
13. Build my own house.
14. Discover more about Irish myths, culture, pre-christian religion, and language.
15. Become fluent in French (And some other languages preferably)
16. Learn how to track really well.
17. Visit every continent in the world.
18. Set up something awesome.
19. If I have kids, unschool them, spend all our time in the woods, and travel the world with them.
20. Make the world a better place!
21. Love life.
22. Be crazy.
23. Grow my hair really long (Random but it’ll probably happen anyway…)
24. Be mindful.
25. Spend many, many nights singing around a fire in the forest…